Is growth of Enterobacter aerogenes bacteria in the nasal cavity a serious condition?

Hello- I am a completely healthy person, but a nasal culture recently indicated heavy growth of Enterobacter Aerogenes in my nasal cavity. My dermatologist picked this up. She had me take Bactrim and use Mupiren ointment in my nose. The repeat culture showed rare/low growth of the same bacteria. How serious is this?
Thu, 19 Jul 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There is no need to worry about. Use the medication already prescribed and maintain good nasal hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.