Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Is gall stones a heriditary disorder?

hey i want to know that whether gall stones is a heriditary disorder?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi.Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.gall stone is formation of stone in gall bladder.mainly it is due to some hereditary factor,hormonal factor,diet factor,haemolysis etc.all go hand by hand and influenced by other.single factor usually not result in stone.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi sara ;
Gall-stones is not a perfectly hereditary disease.There are many other factors responsible like diet;mainly heavy diet containing meat;the area where in people come from eg.-people from some part of Uttar -Pradesh do suffer from gall-stones.It is more related to the bile secreted ;the consistency differs from person to person.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor