Is frequent urination, normal post TURP surgery?

my husband has turp last friday...came home and was doing fine...less urination, but still a lot of pain...then he went to work and the roads were very bumpy and he started bleeding and now he urinates every 1/2 to 1 hour and is very painful...,more than right after the surgery...is this normal?
Tue, 29 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my surgical experience, following prostate surgery , there should not be this amount of pain, bleeding or frequency.
* This suggest underlying urinary infection with or without healing issues at the operated site. I strongly recommend to immediately report to your surgeon for this and get management in accordance to that only.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.