Is fluctuating heart rate harmful?

Good evening, Dr. I m 69 years old female, with several health problem . prolapse of the mitral valve, extra heart beats. I take aspirin daily, popanol in the evenig, and my meditation for lowerin the blood pressure, in the morning In the morning , i have 56 heart rate and in the evening 46? Is it dangertous? I feel a bit dizzy and very tired Many thanks Luisa de Castro
Tue, 19 Apr 2016
Hi
Thanks for posting in HCM
I have understand your concern

you have mitral valve prolapse it leads to regular palpitations secondary to atrial fibrillation
propranolol is a nonselective beta blocker used to control anxiety , palpitaions
your heart rate is lower than normal range
you may have heart blocks or propranolol induced bradycardia
dizziness is secondary to your low heart rate , that causes reduced blood flow to brain
so i can suggest you to get done ECG , 2D ECHO and HOLTER monitoring to check for rhythm distrabances and we can decide about further plan
you need to change propranolol to another drugs like tab . verapamil 40 mg thrice daily .it doesnt reduce the heart rate