Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Is febrile convulsions completely curable disease ?

my daughter 4 yrs old is having febrile convulsions once she had status epilepticus now she is with tegretol syrup when i can stop the medicine it is completely curable disease
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
People who have febrile seizures during childhood do well until adolescents abd after that sometimes there is a recurrence of it. There is little one can do from non medical point of view to prevent this
Have a healthy living
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If this is febrile convulsion,after a course for about 3 yrs it will be completely cured.
Continue the treatment and regular follow up of your pediatrician and he will tell about the period to continue antiepileptic medicine.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor