Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Is exercise causing disturbance in my periods cycle ?

Hello.. I started doing exercise for thighs and abdomen from past 20 days ... I workout for around 20 minutes.. Ever since I started exercising I got period with in 10 days from previous month s period date and I got it for only 2 days... I don t exercise during periods and I exercise normally 3-4 days a week... And now within 15 days I got periods again and it is for 2 days again.. I don t understand why is this happening??? Is it because I m exercising my period cycle is disturbed... Is it normal or do I ve to do something.. age 21 years, Height 5 8, weight 60 kgs.. Please advise..
Asked On : Fri, 7 Oct 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.You are doing exercises for past 20 days and that too for only 20 minutes.In no way it can be termed as heavy exercises.Your periods are definitely abnormal and you must consult a gynecologist for the diagnosis and treatment.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic
yes it usually happen coz of heavy work outs ,,but it is considered normal..please try ti follow gud diet plan ,include one cup of papaya in your diet lot of almonds and walnuts,dont forget to take milk during night.,for proper hormonal balance,,your weight is high so take care of diet,,,,
please mail me for free diet plan.
take care
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello neethu
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
Periods within 21 days of previous cycle is termed abnormally no it is not normal to have periods within 15 days.
Yes vigorous exercise does cause hormonal disturbances but it should regularise once your body adapts to the new you may wait for another couple of cycles probably but if it persists then you should consult your gynaecologist.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor