Is endoscopic mucosal resection the right method of treatment for a polyp?

Hi have been diagnosed with a 6cm by 4cm white carpet villus polyp in my caecum. It has been removed with endoscopic mucosal resection with a colonoscopy. I have now consulted a specialist surgeon as directed by my doctor who is repeating a colonoscopy and gastroscopy to ensure no cells were left behind. She believes it will be best to remove the Cecum that was affected. Although benign results but the risk of future bowel cancer. What is this process ?
Sat, 12 Jan 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response

I fully agree that it would be better to have the caecum removed to be sure that no cancer will develop later.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Jnikolla,
Pulmonologist