Is discomfort under the left arm and breast along with high BP a matter of concern?

.Hi I am a 55 year old women for about a week I have had some discomfort under my left arm and some times goes to my breast , my blood pressure has been high lately . Should I be concerned?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Discomfort under your left arm going sometimes to your breast with a high blood pressure recently should not go neglected. Taking into account the high blood pressure you are experiencing recently, I highly recommend an immediate consultation with cardiologist and to run a thorough cardiac check up including:

- EKG
- echocardiogram
- stress test

Blood tests are also recommended including:

- complete blood count
- blood electrolytes
- diabetes testing
- lipid profile testing.

Discuss this further with your caring doctor for immediate action.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.