Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Is dime sized sore on my arm which is raised and painful to touch cancerous?

I have sore on my arm the wont heal. It has grown to the size of a dime and now is raised and is painful to touch. It is pink in color. What is the likelihood this could be skin cancer
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  283
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist 's  Response
It is almost sure this is not a skin cancer. Normally the skin cancer is not pink and it is not painful. It is very probable to be something infectious.
Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim M's  Response

Your history more towards a non- cancerous lesion due to some Chronic infection. The cause of infection has to be found and treated appropriately. If it still does not heal or recurs cancer can be ruled out only with a biopsy from the ulcer.

Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim
Surgical Oncologist
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor