Is chronic constipation the last stage of Binswanger disease?

My father has Binswinger disease. He has just about all the complications that come with it. But the one complication that I don t think my Mom or my Dad have really told their doctors is as serious as it is is his chronic constipation. He went for his annual physical in Dec. and had lost another 16 lbs....this makes a 30 lb weight loss in 2 years. My mom has to give him enemas usually twice a month. Recently, he had an actue episode that has now led to hernia surgery next week. I went to the doctors with them and was floored to learn that his primary doctor really did not understand how chronic the constipation has been. My dad had not been taking milk of magnesia until he thought he was in trouble and he was not taking a stool softener at all. We got him through the last constipation episode but now just learned that he has not had a bm in 3 days. He is not eating well or much these days either. So, was wondering if we are in some sort of late stages of this disease and now what are the signs we need to be looking for to tell us when my mom really can no longer be his care taker (by the way, she has COPD and has had acute issues herself this year...they just diagnosed her with an IgG deficiency that we are now starting to deal with). Thanks for any thoughts.
Fri, 18 Oct 2019