Is chest pain on the left side a symptom of a heart attack?

Hi doctor,
I have been having mild pain in my left chest since 3-4 days now. I keep thinking it is gas pain as previously I did have this kind of pains. There was slight burning sensation in my middle chest and sometimes I feel the pain in right chest also. I tried drinking lot of water and I had to belch to let out the gas. But when I climb stairs I feel the pain can be felt. Even at rest, the pain comes and goes with no other synmtoms. Is it just gas or anything more serious like heart attack?
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

By your history and description, possibility of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) related chest pain and gaseous distention is more likely. But better to rule out heart diseases first. So get done ECG, 2d echo and stress test (trade mill test). If all these are normal then no need to worry for heart diseases. Take Pantoprazole and Levosulperide combination on empty stomach twice daily for GERD. Avoid hot and spicy food, avoid junk food, avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm. Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.