Is cardiac ablation for WPW syndrome advisable for a child?

My seven year old daughter was diagnosed with wolf parkinson white syndrome .she had two episodes of chest pain and shortness of breath.she has also been found to have high TSH levels. Is there a corelation between the two. Is cardiac ablation for WPW advisable at this age.
Wed, 5 Aug 2015
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

Usually high TSH which occurs in hypothyroidism is associated with prolonged PR interval. WPW syndrome has shortened PR interval which cannot be due to thyroid problem which your daughter has. It seems to be a co incidental problem.
Both thyroid hormone replacement and radioablation for WPW syndrome are necessary for her. Don't worry, as they can be easily treated at this age and the prognosis is good with timely intervention.

Hopefully this will help you. I would be happy to help you in any further questions. You may send me direct questions.