Is burning sensation on the lips and face after taking Vibramycin a normal side effect?

I got a tick bite about 12 days ago. Did not think anything of it as I work outside and have had many ticks. Two days ago I started feeling really bad. Went to Urgent Care. Treating me with Vibramycin. Now have burning sensation in my lips and face just like the sensation at the bite site. Have been in the dark since taking the medicine. Is the sensation normal for the medicine?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The use of Vibramycin (Doxycycline) is often associated with side effects like glossitis or other gastrointestinal problems. Allergic reaction is also to consider. Furthermore, candida infection of the mouth and GI tract is also to rule out.

I highly recommend to stop taking this medication, report this side effect to your doctor in order to take adequate precautions.

Meanwhile start taking probiotics to stabilize intestinal flora plus apply glycerin of borax on the mouth affections.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.