Is brown vaginal discharge during pregnancy a symptom of a miscarriage?

Hi I had brown discharge for last two days,d amount of discharge is very small.dr put me on duphastone 30mg a day,d ultrasound shows baby is perfectly fine ,by there is small collection find in ultrasound.i m worried is there is chances of misscarrage?
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As the brownish discharge is very minimal in quantity, the baby is also doing fine according to the ultrasound and as you are on Progesterone tablets, the possibility of miscarriage is less. The collection in ultrasound you mentioned could be subchorionic hemorrhage, which will usually gets resolved on its own. But better to be careful continue the Progesterone tablets advised by your doctor and take regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations. Better to be in rest, avoid strenuous activity, lifting weight, intercourse, etc. If the discharge is persistent, better to consult your doctor once and get examined to rule out the possibility of impending abortion.

Hope I have answered your query and I will be happy to answer any further follow up queries.

General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response

The brown discharge is from scanty bleed you have, as it is drained out. Such bleeding is due to hormonal deficiency. You have already been given Duphaston (hormone progesterone preparation) and USG shows normal fetal growth. So you should be relaxed. Please don't worry. Take rest and continue with Duphaston till your doctor advises.

Thanks.