Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

159 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is brown color discharge normal during 12th week of pregnancy ?

why would i have coffee colored discharge being 12 weeks pregnant i have been having a little bit of pain. Then i went to the restroom and saw a coffee colored discharge. what dose this mean?
Fri, 20 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
Bleeding doesn't always mean there's a problem, but it can be a sign of miscarriage or other serious complications. It's very important to be aware of how you're bleeding so that your provider can tell if it's dangerous to you or your baby. Keep track of whether the discharge is increasing or decreasing.
Miscarriage usually happens during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage.but if you notice severe cramps than do consult your doctor.
usually brown colour discharge indicate molar pregnancy if discharge is along with nausea,vomiting and cramps in belly than do consult your gynaecologist immediately.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

So on February 23 I had lost my virginity. He did not wear a condom but I have been on birth control (the patch) for over a year now. On February 26 I had gotten pinkish discharge, heavy bleeding like my period then brown discharge. This whole thing lasted for about 3-4 days. My period tends to last 4-5 days. I am completely stressing out about this. The only thing that I have noticed that s been different was I have been feeling a bit tired, headaches every now and then but nothing severe like a migraine. Also I ve noticed that my right breast has been having some what noticeable veins. I took a pregnancy march 09 ( two days before my period was due ). It came out negative. On march 11, my period came on time. It seemed watery at first but then became heavy. Which happens every now then. It is march 12 and it now seems to be getting a lot lighter compared to yesterday. But before my period. I had gotten brown discharge, which is also normal for me before my period or during my period. I plan on taking another test next week. Could I be pregnant?

doctor1 MD

I just found out I was pregnant last week, approx 5-6 weeks along. I expericed some brown discharge, small amount, last night and I ve been having lower mid back pain. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? This is my first pregnancy and I m already worring about everything.

doctor1 MD

hi i am only a few weeks pregnant and my first dooctors appointment is soon. I had had lots of discharge for a week and some cramping making me feel like i was on my pierod then today i woke up bleeding a bright red or pinkish color blood moderate to heavy is it possible that everything is still okay?