Is bright red bleeding and right-sided abdominal pain after intercourse post a Depo shot a concern?

I ve been on the depo birth control shot for about four months and only bled one time since I got the shot and it wasn t long after I got it. well a little over two weeks ago I had sex with someone and we didn t use any protection. Above my belly button and to the right of it has been hurting and also my right abdomen has been hurting. I was drinking the other night and couldn t finish my drink like I normally do because my stomach just started hurting, not like a nauseated feeling and my head started hurting. Well today my lower back is absolutely killing me and I started spotting bright red blood. Are they any chance I could be pregnant or having a miscarriage?
Tue, 16 Oct 2018
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The symptoms mentioned by you do not indicate pregnancy.
Abdominal pain accompanied by nausea is probably due to indigestion.
I suggest you to take PPI for a few days and keep diet free from fatty items.
Lower back ache accompanied by bleeding could be due to contractions of uterus.
I suggest you to get an ultrasound pelvis to assess the status of reproductive tract.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri