Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
187 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is body itchiness and joints pain sign of HIV?

Hi Doctor,
I am 28 yr Male, height is around 5'8 or 5'9 I had a sex in 2004, I used a condom but it was torn in between the course. (This was the first and last time in my life. I never had sex with anyone else after this except my wife). I started experiencing the symptoms like white puss coming out from penis, itchy skin, itchy lower stomach, itchiness between fingers and on legs, red uclear with puss in it. most of the symptoms went away withing a week or two.
I got married in 2006. My wife also started experiencing the same symptoms. We went to doctor and no blood test was performed. doctor gave some lotions and antibiotics. the symptoms went away.

In 2009, my wife was pregnant and doctor asked to take up the HIV test and HSV1 and HSV2 as a routine checkup. All the tests came back negative. My daughter is now 2.5 yrs old and healthwise she is doing ok.

I am still experiencing symptoms like body itchiness sometimes (once in a two months) , Joints pain, Itchy Eye (sometimes) red spots on my soldiers (not itchy), white patches on toung. However, I never fell sick or ill. in 2004 my weight was 82kg. and today it is 83 kg so I have not lost the weight also.

I am really scared of taking HiV test. I was very scared while My wife had to take HIV test but it came negative so I was happy. I have never taken HIV test. Are these symptoms related to HIV?? is it possible that my wife could be HIV - and I be HIV+?

Please advice
Wed, 25 Jun 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
These are not symptoms of HIV .You had suffered from 'Gonorrhoea , through SW , which your wife too had contracted from you . So see your physician first , get tested for STDs ( VDRL/RPR/ Urethral swab for Diplococci ) and get you and family treated after tests are available .Since your tested HIV negative , so your child can't be HIV positive.Since it has gone by 10 years since you had this encounter , so presumably you are negative.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor. I am working in Gulf. I am single 34. last march I came to India. During my vacation. I had sex with one married girl. Her husband...

Recent questions on  Lentiviruses

doctor1 MD

hi..good day,,may i know how spermatozoa possitive be cured?and is it a serious illness?is it HIV?my friends husband is suffering from this,,he got...

doctor1 MD

After having fulguration done to genital warts using electrocautery, how long will it be before sexual activity can be resumed and how long will it...

doctor1 MD

So my test for hiv came back negative but im having symptoms still. I herd that it takes three months for it to be noticed in your body is there...

doctor1 MD

I have a deep ache in my collar bone specifically starts aching at night time. Im thinking it might be from lifting weights especially weighted...

doctor1 MD

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but like so many others on here, some reassurance is always nice. I realize that my story is...

doctor1 MD

hii doctor , i had full massage from chines lady , no sex . only she put finger in my anus and when finish she hand job on my pines i make p24 ag...

doctor1 MD

Hello, 7 months ago, I french kissed a woman. I do not know whether or not she has HIV , but I am worried that I have contracted it from her. I...