Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Is blood work enough to screen for cervical cancer?

Hi , I have an appointment to have full blood work done with a haematologist, to test for possibly everything, cancers etc. I am also due to visit my OB/GYN for PAP smear etc. What I want to know is it still necessary to visit my obgyn or will the bloodwork be enough to screen for cervical cancer etc. i do not have any problems now, just want to make sure everything is ok. Im 37 yrs old.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
probably you are on routine screening for cervical cancer. let me inform you cervical cancer can not be reflected on complete blood count. you have to visit your gynaecologist for cervical pap smear. CBC can only detect any infection or any abnormality in hematopoetic system or any immunological disorder. so do not miss your gynae follow ups. take care.
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor