Is blood pressure of 90/80 normal?

Is a a low blood pressure can it cause any harm to the body.
Wed, 6 Jul 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
A BP reading of 90/80 is normal as long as the higher (systolic) remains at or more than 90 up to 120. The 80 is consistent with normal diastolic pressure. Systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure falls between 60 and 80 mm Hg. (By convention, an individual’s blood pressure is written as systolic/diastolic blood pressure, e.g., 120/80). Current guidelines define normal blood pressure as lower than 120/80. Blood pressures between 120/80 and 140/90, which used to be considered “pre-hypertension,” now are considered too high. High blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart disease, kidney disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello abuzer;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
A BP of 90/80 mm hg can be considered normal till there is no symptom.But the ideal BP should be 120/80 mm hg.Low BP can be as a result of less water intake and dehydration so please drink enough of water and take some electrolyte powder added to it and surely the BP will rise to the normal level.Presently it is on lower side but if you do not have any symptoms like giddiness;or sick feeling it is fine but hydration is necessary so drink water.
Thanks
Dr. ABHINAV DEWAN's  Response
welcome to health care magic
a 90/80mmhg blood pressure is seems to be normal if u r asymptomatic.