• question-icon

Is black stools related to vitamins intake?

i am, having black colored stool. i have no pain no fever no other symptom. only that i am, having black colored stool with no different smell. I have taken some vitamin pills one in two days for the last 30 odd days and i feel this black colored thing since then. please advise.
Wed, 2 May 2018

Black color stool may be due to the multivitamin taken, or it may be due to diet, it is nothing to worry if you do not have any symptoms along with the black stool.

If this remains as it is for days, then stool need to be sent for laboratory examination to rule out the presence of blood.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Akhtarhusain