Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Is bigomet sr 1000 mg helpful to conceive ?

hi am 26 we plan to have a baby but my due period is very less after period my egg not growing i having bigomet sr 1000 mg for 6 month tablet now 5 month left but no result what i do?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  2232
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You seem to be having PCOD. Bigomet will help reduce blood sugar levels as you may be Diabetic because of PCOD. You need to lose weight. Eat more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do brisk walking everyday for 40 minutes. When blood sugar comes to normal range you can be in better position to conceive. You need to get ultrasound evaluation of your ovaries to look for follicle rupture during ovulation period. If it is not there then you need to go on ovulation induction drugs like Clomiphene which will be prescribed by your Doctor according to your condition. After your period stabilises and you take this medicine and ovulation occurs you can have sex those days and you will have high chance of conceiving. Remember weight loss to normal weight range is most important in treatment of PCOD.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Do not get disheartened as from your history it seem that you are having PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) that is the reason your doctor has given you Bigomet SR.This is a condition where there is disturbance in periods and no egg formation.To get pregnant you need to have proper egg formation.So please get treated by your doctor she will help you to regularize your periods and even give you medicines for egg formation and then you will conceive.
All the best.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor