Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Is big red bump on my penis a sign of STD ?

hi, i have a big red bumb on the base of my penis. it looks like a pimple,with the white head on top and red around the bottom, and it hurts. is this an STD???
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  486
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
u have MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM ,type of virus disease.
it is type of STD
u must consult dermatologist as it require treatment as early as possible otherwise there will be much more new lesion in mext few wk
cryotherapy ,co2 laser ,cautery give very good result
it is one of the less serious type of STD
so dont scare ,and rush to dermatologist .
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
This could be hair follicle infection on the skin at the origin of the penis from your body called folliculitis. You can apply antibacterial ointment like Fucidin on that area of skin for relief. If there is any redness, ulcer, discharge from the pink region of penis, it should be shown to a Dermatologist to rule out STDs.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello, It's better to Immediately consult the specialist and get yourself examined by an expert befor commig to any conclusion.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor