• question-icon

Is bed rest required for emergency cervical cerclage?

At 20.1 weeks, my wife had an emergency cervical cerclage, and she has been advised strict bed rest. Though the our gynecologist asked her to take bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, is that really required? Also, what is the success rate of emergency cervical suture ?
Sat, 31 May 2014
HAI

WELCOME TO HCM

BED REST IS NEEDED AFTER CIRCLAGE TO PREVENT FURTHER DILATATION OF CERVIX AND TO PREVENT PRETERM LABOUR.

IF HER CERVIX IS DILATED DURING THE SURGERY SHE NEED COMPLETE REST.

IF IT IS SHORT AND NOT DILATED SHE CAN MOVE AROUND INSIDE THE HOUSE.

USUALLY THE SUCCESS RATE IS DEPEND UPON THE INDICATION FOR SURGERY.