Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is bariatric surgery safe ?

hi, sir my dad is suffering with over weight about 115kgs, age 59. i heard bariatric surgery for the above 45 years people. could u tell me about this surgery and what the side effects, how long should take rest after surgery and which hospital is suitable to this surgery. kindly accept my request and give a mail to Thanking you
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
it is surgery done over stomach and it avoid the path of food in stomach and bypass the food ,so though we take food it will not absorb in body
it is effective surgery but only done in obese person
it has several side effect like alter nutritional status ,acidity ,bloating etc .
plastic surgeon are doing this procedure .
it cost from 1-1.2 lac rs.
i hope i have answered your question
dr gaurav patel ,ahmedabad
Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor