Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Is artificial insemination possible with a deadman's sperm ?

My boyfriend passed away early Sunday morning. Is there anyway I can still undergo articifial insemination with his sperm?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear natasha
Sperm is a different story. I have heard of harvesting of sperm from males several hours post mortem and then freezing the resulting specimen in liquid nitrogen. This "harvesting", however, usually only produces sperm that can only be utilized for assisted reproductive technologies -- in-vitro fertilization. Sperm can also be collected voluntarily at a fertility lab, frozen in liquid nitrogen, and stored, before these sorts of situations arise. Frozen sperm can be stored as long as you wish in a reputable storage facility. Depending on the count and motility of the sperm, you can use the banked sperm as you wish without having to use advanced assisted reproductive technologies,
But i dont know either this technique available there or not
Sorry to hear, Take care
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor