Owl Image

Is anyone immune to a broken heart after a break up ?

Is anyone immune to a broken heart after a break up ? Can you really prevent the pain or just have to suffer ?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Yeah, some people are immune.....the ones who didn't care in the first place, usually the ones to do the "breaking up". All others just have to suffer. There are something that can help. First of all, realize that you are not a lesser person for having his happen to you. Secondly, be thankful that this person is out of your life now before you invested anymore time, energy, emotional involvement, money in him/her. Thirdly, realize he/she is not worth the continued pain to yourself. Then get involved in something.....activities, friends, new hairstyle, new clothes (within reason), hobbies, or even furthering your education. Keep busy. Don't seclude yourself even if you feel like you don't want to see anyone, do anything. The more you get involved, the less time you will have to dwell on being "dumped".