Is an internal doctor advisable for checking A1C level for diabetes?

I am 68 years old and need a primary care doctor. Is an internal dr a good choice ? I m needing to check my AC1 for diabetes...also thyroid....haven t had a doctor in MANY years. Had a lumpectomy Nov 2013 w radiation and have been taking estrogen blocker. All is well with oncologist. Now have lab work twice year, surgeon once a year. Just know I have a lot to have checked and finding the right primary care is hard for me.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Diabetologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question.Hba1c can be advised by your internal doctor or family physician if Diabetologist not available.Its is advisable to get checked once 3 months and modify the dose of anti diabetic medicines accordingly.