Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
161 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is an internal doctor advisable for checking A1C level for diabetes?

I am 68 years old and need a primary care doctor. Is an internal dr a good choice ? I m needing to check my AC1 for diabetes...also thyroid....haven t had a doctor in MANY years. Had a lumpectomy Nov 2013 w radiation and have been taking estrogen blocker. All is well with oncologist. Now have lab work twice year, surgeon once a year. Just know I have a lot to have checked and finding the right primary care is hard for me.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
Diabetologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question.Hba1c can be advised by your internal doctor or family physician if Diabetologist not available.Its is advisable to get checked once 3 months and modify the dose of anti diabetic medicines accordingly.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I would like to know the name of one of the best diabetologists in Coimbatore My HBA1C level is 14. I would like to know which is the best diabetic...