Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Is an eye operation possible to correct my vision ?

i am having an probblem of major myopia and having a cylendrical power of 2.5 in both of my eyes. i want to know that is my eye operation possible???? age -20 hght-5 4
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
you are having myopia but your cylindrical power is more .before any operation we do scan of cornea,see thickness of cornea.YOU CAN GO FOR LASIK BUT CHANCES ARE THAT YOU MAY HAVE SOME residual power even after surgery.phakic iol ,icl are other options but you have to go any good institute.
Answered: Thu, 8 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Surgery for myopia depends upon factors like corneal thickness etc.Please visit a lasik surgeon and get your eyes examined first.Then only you can have some idea.bye.
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor