Is accidental ingestion of Cortizone-10 by a child a cause of concern?

I accidentally started to brush my child s teeth with cortisone 10 yesterday. Most of it slid off of the toothbrush and into the sink. That s when I realized what it was. I immediately wiped and rinsed his mouth out and used toothpaste afterwards. Today he s a little feverish but acting normal. Should I be concerned that the cortisone is the cause?
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Nothing to worry, it won't cause any problems. Probably in immuno compromised children, it may cause pharyngitis or fever. If he developed above symptoms please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.