Is a urine glucose test enough to proof diabetes?

is a urine glucose test enough proof to indicate whether some one has diabetes?
Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Lab Tests ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Yes, it is to a diagnostic level but you cannot know the precise severity of the glucose levels. It is called as semiquantitative test not full.

Dentist Dr. Akash Prasad's  Response
Glucose Tolerance test is gold standard for diagnosis of Diabetes. Urine Glucose analysis cannot be alone considered for diagnosis..
Diabetologist Dr. Amit Rajput's  Response
Hi Chitrangada,

Mere Urine sugar test is not enough for the diagnosis of diabetes. Fasting and post meal blood sugars, along with Hba1c test should give a clue to diagnosis.