Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Is a red rash with blisters on the face a symptom of rosacea?

Trying to diagnose a localized facial rash on cheek. Flaring and diminishing over the course of 3 months. never completely goes away. Was diagnosed with roseaca 10 years ago and have been clear with no flares since. This rash is the worse I have ever seen and is not like the roseaca I experienced in the past. Isolated to one side, redness with tiny blister like bumps that appear to be inside the pores of my face. In the shape of a random shape patch (no real edges). Does this sound like roseaca?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. -
1. Avoid sun exposure and use a good sunscreen lotion with SPF more than 30.
2. Apply a Clindamycin gel like Glocin twice daily on affected skin.
3. Take a vitamin C supplement once daily for 3 months.
4. Other treatment options are oral Doxycyline, Minocycline and Isotretinoin taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

We are just returning from San Pedro in Belize. My daughter (8) has a red rash on her upper thigh. One part has a blister/boil (clear). She is...