• question-icon

Is a red rash with blisters on the face a symptom of rosacea?

Trying to diagnose a localized facial rash on cheek. Flaring and diminishing over the course of 3 months. never completely goes away. Was diagnosed with roseaca 10 years ago and have been clear with no flares since. This rash is the worse I have ever seen and is not like the roseaca I experienced in the past. Isolated to one side, redness with tiny blister like bumps that appear to be inside the pores of my face. In the shape of a random shape patch (no real edges). Does this sound like roseaca?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. -
1. Avoid sun exposure and use a good sunscreen lotion with SPF more than 30.
2. Apply a Clindamycin gel like Glocin twice daily on affected skin.
3. Take a vitamin C supplement once daily for 3 months.
4. Other treatment options are oral Doxycyline, Minocycline and Isotretinoin taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.