Is a nerve injury during possible when having flu which cause severe pain?

Two days ago I was diagnosed as having Flu and a Sinus infection. I struggled with the symptoms for about two weeks before even going to see the DR because it seemed to improve but then came back with a vengeance. My diaphragm is sore from coughing so much as well as a headache when I have a particular coughing spell. Now my wrists and forearm hurt profusely as well. Is it possible that I could have injured a nerve during this flu bout? I am no baby and generally have a high pain tolerance but this HURTS. What is going on?
Wed, 15 Jan 2014