Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Is a blood sugar count of 119 mg /dL normal?

It s not high enough to be diabetic but is also higher than what is normal, so should I be somewhat concerned of this?
Wed, 11 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi... The normal values of the blood sugar vary depending on the fasting state, the diet consumed and the time of the intake of food.  That is, the normal fasting blood sugar value ranges between 90mg/dl to 110mg/dl and the normal post prandial (following food consumption) blood sugar value ranges between 100mg/dl to 140mgdl....  Post prandial sugars return to the fasting values after 4 to 6 hours following the diet...  Accordingly your values are in the normal limits.  So you need not worry...

Pulmonologist Dr.Ketankumar Chaudhary's  Response
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

is blood sugar 217mg/dL  say i have diabetics. Checked after dinner 

  User's Response

is blood sugar 217mg/dL  say i have diabetics. Checked after dinner 

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor