Is a bleeding lesion on the skin dangerous?

I have two small bumps on my scalp, just above my right ear. I hadn't really even noticed them until a few weeks ago when blood starting pouring down my face and chest. Not sure if I maybe scratched it. I went to the doctor and they said it was an insignificant lesion. However since then I have had two other days where it bled.. I am not talking a little blood.. it was ALOT of blood. Today is the 3rd time it has happened. Basically I have to hold pressure to it until it stops bleeding, this can take approx. 30 minutes. Then just worry about when it will start bleeding again.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per my surgical experience, the bleeding lesion on the skin may be pre cancerous lesion or else.

My recommendations
- keep the part clean with antiseptic liquid.
- apply sterile dressing to cover the part.
- discuss the need of excision biopsy with your consultant.

Regards.