Is a TKR recommended for stiffness and limited mobility in the knees?

Hello, my right knee is crooked because of damage to it. It is stiff and has limited movement, meaning walking is difficult. I have some pain, but not extreme. I have muscle wastage as I am unable to fully straighten the leg, even though I exercise. Do you think I am ready for a TKR. Email: YYYY@YYYY
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your history, Yes, as you have difficulty in walking, stiffness, and unable to straiten leg fully and physiotherapy is of little helpful then better to do TKR. Kindly consult with orthopedician for proper examination and treatment. Continue physiotherapy as advised. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale