Is a Rhogam injection necessary in this pregnancy?

i am 28 weeks pregnaant with my 4th child. I am blood type negative, and my husband is positive. I have alwys gotten the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks and after birth. I am now living in Italy, and the drs here do not give the shot until after birth unless you test positive on the coombs test (I tested negative). I am concerned not to receive it, especially because I have been spotting a little bit. Should I be concerned?
Wed, 23 Dec 2015
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.
As per your history it will be wise to get the Rhogam injection at 28 weeks, as you have history of spotting it is better to get it.
This minimizes the risk of forming antibodies to Rh +ve cells of baby inside.
As ICT - indirect Coomb's test is negative, you have not yet formed antibodies. Hence it will be advisable to get Rhogam shot if possible. If rules and laws do not permit it then take it after delivery , once baby's blood group is confirmed to be positive.
I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you good health.