Is a BP of 154/98 normal for a young person ?

Is a blood pressure of 154/98 normal for a 19 year old?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
No, the figures are high, better consult your cardiologist.

if a person is going to suffer from heart attack ,is it possible that the blood pressure will be normal? btw,the patient is 20y/o. the vital signs are: bp:120/80 rr:29 pr:110 temp:39.2C -the patient is irritable,restless -facial grimace - abdominal pain -excessive sweating *what do you think is the disease?i will really appreciate if someone could help me,because this is for our case defense.

i normally have low blood pressure 110 over 70 am a 50 year old woman and weigh 115 pounds and am 5 feet tall. i was not feeling good and went to the doctor and my pressure is 154 over 98. any idea why? I have no appetite and feel ill to my stomach

12 day average BP has been 131/98 with a 78 heart rate. Checked with a very good in- home arm cuff device? I am a physical active African American male, 48 years old. 5 foot 9 and weight 202. I average 3-4 workouts a week; mainly cycling for 45 minutes at very vigorous pace and also light weights workout etc. I eat relatively well, don t smoke, and might have 2 drinks once or twice a week. Am i in danger here???

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am on 3 15mg tabs. of morphine a day, & a 30mg that is er. at bed. I want to taper off of them, but do not have a lg. quantity left. My pain mgmt. dr. lost his license, & it will be I don t know how long before I can get a new one, & I want to make my supply last that I have left.

Hi I have a BP monitor at home . Right now my reading is 130/86. I have a Bicuspic valve. Today I have been put on a low dose of BP medication after my clinic measured my BP at 151/113. This was taken immediately on arrival at the clinic after walking from the car park and a rather stressfull car journey. Am I right to be concerned about the starting medication on this evidence? .. I have recently had my personel BP monitor calybrated ..AGE 50 thank you

My father has multiple myeloma. he s on his third month of the BiRD treatment right now with Revlmid, biaxin and dexamethazone. his BP has been low this week and tonight has dropped to 101/53. he s weak and can t keep his eyes open and has sever leg cramps. He s been fairly active since on the treatment since this particular regimen can cause blood clots. He s coherent and not dizzy at all. we can t get him to drink much, but we are thinking maybe the low bp is due to dehydration. we can t get ahold of his doctor or nurse right now. should we worry? is there anything we can do to make it come up?

My mother is not feeling well, woke up 3:00am with shakes, couple hours later, vomiting and diahrea...feeling very week...BP 30 min ago 95/54, just moments ago, 101/45...has been able to keep down some soup, couple crackers, diet 7up...my first worry is her BP...?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...