Is a BP of 154/98 normal for a young person ?

Is a blood pressure of 154/98 normal for a 19 year old?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
No, the figures are high, better consult your cardiologist.

if a person is going to suffer from heart attack ,is it possible that the blood pressure will be normal? btw,the patient is 20y/o. the vital signs are: bp:120/80 rr:29 pr:110 temp:39.2C -the patient is irritable,restless -facial grimace - abdominal pain -excessive sweating *what do you think is the disease?i will really appreciate if someone could help me,because this is for our case defense.

i normally have low blood pressure 110 over 70 am a 50 year old woman and weigh 115 pounds and am 5 feet tall. i was not feeling good and went to the doctor and my pressure is 154 over 98. any idea why? I have no appetite and feel ill to my stomach

12 day average BP has been 131/98 with a 78 heart rate. Checked with a very good in- home arm cuff device? I am a physical active African American male, 48 years old. 5 foot 9 and weight 202. I average 3-4 workouts a week; mainly cycling for 45 minutes at very vigorous pace and also light weights workout etc. I eat relatively well, don t smoke, and might have 2 drinks once or twice a week. Am i in danger here???

Recent questions on  Hypertension

i have high blood pressure and i have taken my medicine. i have a bump on the side of my head. it havent got big or anything. and my doctor told me to not bother it if it is not bothering me. well it is starting to bother me a little. and the side of my head by my ear keeps jumping and like numbness go towards my teeth. what that might be

dear sir,i am 35 year old. having the ED problem since form 2 year, as i consulated with doctor, they have tested me the sugar BP & TESTOSTERONE (FREE) found evernting normal. and suggested me the Nano leo cap twice a day for three month. Kindly requesting to give us the suggescation regarding this .

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

I dont get proper eraction while performing sex,In past I was brown sugar addict,now I have got dibetis and high blood pressure but my main problem is not getting proper erection of penis can you give me an appointment timing and day where I can discuss my problems face to face or suggest me any sexologist who can give me proper treatment.
Thanking you in anticipation
Your's faithfully
SHIRISH ANDHARI

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...