Is a 170 heart rate normal for resting?

Is a 170 heart rate normal for resting?
Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCM ,
answer is NO ,
normal heart rate range at rest is 60 to 100 beats / min
some condition like fever , pain , anxiety , hyperthyroid state , anaemia will cause in higher rate but not above the 120 to 125 / min ,
170 / min is abnormally high and must be evaluated further ,
consult cardiologist and get evaluated further .
take care
christian's  Response
whoa my friend you are tachycardic, and this is extremely high. how long has this been going on? a resting heart rate that high suggest that some is wrong withing your body.it could be electrolytes imbalance to hyperthyroidism do you feel weak? your preload after load and contractile force is effected by your heart rate.i would go to the doctor....like now. u should even be reading this. "increase heart rate is always a sign of something internally wrong.either it's a early sign or late sign"