• question-icon

Is Tryptomer the right medication for low blood pressure?

sir,I have my gf taking tryptomer 10mg I don t know for how long..and all she have low blood pressure problem that s all..i researched and got to know that these pills are generally considered for mental disorder.is it possible for a doctor to recommend these pill under this situation?
Fri, 21 Aug 2015
Hi & Welcome to HCM.

I appreciate your concern for the efficacy of Tryptomer as a medication to lower high BP.

Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) is a tricyclic antidepressant used in the treatment of major depression, painful nerve conditions, & night time bed wetting (in children).

Thus it is mainly prescribed for the above condition & it can cause a low BP as its side effect.

Hope to have answered your query.