Is Thyronorm to regulate TSH level?

hello doctor , i am 16 year old girl having hypothyroidism from last 5 years. i was asked to take 50/75 mcg thyronorm on alternate days.as after doing tsh for 8 or 9 times each after the interval of about 6 months during these 5 years,the report were normal all the time. My doctor insisted me to decrease my medicine in initial days and then to stop the medicine for 45 days now my T4 is 96.90 and TSH is 8.17 my doctor has asked me to stop the thyronorm for next three month and then go for tsh and tpo test i wanted to ask you that is tpo a kind of blood test and should i really need to follow with the medicine ?
Fri, 9 Dec 2016
Hematologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have gone through your question. You have hypothyroidism. You need to take thyroid supplement like thyronorm. Dosage should be calculated according to your TSH level. TPO test is for thyroid paroxidase antibodies test that is commonly increased in hypothyroidism. So go for TSH and TPO test. Then start thyronorm accordingly to maintain your TSH in normal range.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.

Wish you very good health.

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi