Is Theraflu safe to be taken during early pregnancy?

I feel like I m catching the common cold because I have a stuffy runny nose and I have lost my since of taste... The thing is I believe I m pregnant & if I am it s less than a month... I just took a pack of Theraflu. Will it harm my baby if am pregnant?
Mon, 5 Dec 2016
Hello Dear. Its always better to avoid any medications during the first trimister of pregnancy. For flu you can use nasal decongestant, drink warm water, steam inhalation etc. But if flu is very severe you can always take Theraflu, because severe infection in the mother can itself cause infection in fetus. Kindly go to your doctor who will examine you and see if the medications are really required or not.

Hope i have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini