Is Sodium Fusidite tablet recommended after heart tumor surgery?

Hi, my brother has just had a 5 week stay in hospital after suffering from Endocarditis, he was on a life support machine for 3 weeks and died once but was fortunatly revivied, he then had heart surgery where they was able to remove 2 growths from his heart, and repair his valve, my question is, he has now been released from hospital, but, he has been given sodium fusidite, this medication is not on his discharge report but he has been given it, he has stopped taking it now because its not on his list, 4 days now, and to me, he doesnt look very well, he wont contact the doctor or hospital to get advise, does he need to continue to take this medication? many thanks a very worried brother
Mon, 9 Jan 2017