Is Sensodyne toothpaste effective for my teeth ?

Hi, My teeth are very sensitive to cold, sweet things. I am using Sensodyne tooth paste Is it effective ?
Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Drug/Medication ,  
Dentist 's  Response
Sensitivity of teeth could be due to decay, attrition or abrasion of teeth. The problem should be identified and restoration is required if the tooth is decayed. If you have generalized attrition you can use Sensoform/Sensodyne/Colgate sensitive toothpaste till your sensitivity is relieved.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
hello,
there are various causes for the sensitivity in teeth... sensodyne is effective to a limit but for definitive treatment please visit your dentist and get the cause treated.
take care...
Dentist Dr. Ravi Shah's  Response
Dear friend.
Sensodyne or any other desensitzing toothpaste is not going to take care of the sensitivity caused by decay, fracture or crack in the tooth.
These tooth paste are used only for minor sensitivities where the above conditions are absent.
First thing to do is get thorough dental check up done to rule out this things.
Is sensitivity generalized or in any particular tooth?
When does it aggravate?
Does it stay even after removal of stimulus e.g. cold water?
Is there sensitivity to heat as well?

ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
hello
welcome to health care magic
i think u should have x ray of the most sensitive toothh
there may be some infection
rct may be required so have proper dental check up
dont worry u wil be fine
Dentist Dr. M.Karthikeyan's  Response
sensitivity may be ur teeth have cavity or ur teeth may ger abraded use dr.reddys vantej tooth paste and visit the dentist and get ur cavity filled
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
it seems that dentin of your teeth is affected,there is possibility of having cavity or decay in some of your teeth.
As you are using sensodyne paste is alright,
Go for dental check up so that initial start of decay or cavity may be treated.