Is Propranolol the same as Nadolol?

Good evening, i was told i needed to start Propranlol for Esapageal Varices, when the prescription was filled it was for Nadolol...now i m told the Nadolol is for heart problems...i am now having severe stomach pains and cramps on my right lower and immediately back side which gets worse at night lying down, my question...is this medicine one and the same and should it stop the pains i m having? Thank you
Mon, 5 Dec 2016
Hello Dear. Though propranolol and Nadolol are two different drugs both have same properties (Beta-blocker) and both are used for treating esophageal varices. But still you better confirm with your doctor whether you have to take propranolol or nadalol.

Hope i have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini