Is P-500 safe for the treatment of fever and headache in a child?

Hi, my 9 years old has been suffering fever, headache since last Wednesday. I used P-500 syrup @ 5ml. (his Body weight 28 kg) as given by child specialist. But when he takes this medicine he has tendency for vomiting. I actually dropped this medicine because I have seen some small spots in his body and thought to be measles. But my doctor told me that he was given vaccination, so he wanted to see my son and instructed me to use P-500 as it will work for headaches. What is opinion in this regard.
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

Since your young man is vomiting, he is not able to keep anything down. This includes medicine. I have done some investigation and discovered that P-500 does not come in suppository form.

I would recommend that you obtain acetaminophen suppositories to replace the oral medicine. Should the suppository be soft, then place it in the refrigerator (NOT freezer) for 30minutes before administering.

Place a small amount of Vaseline on the end to be inserted. Push with a finger (using a disposable glove) until all of the suppositories is within his rectum.

Take your finger out and hold his buttocks together for a couple minutes. His dose should be 320-400 mg by rectum every 4-6 hours. If he needs this med.

For more than2-3 days, he ought to be seen by his paediatrician. Sometimes if you give him nothing by mouth for 6-8 hours you allow time for his stomach to settle down.

Then, if there has been no vomiting, begin with a few teaspoons of crushed ice. Repeat in another hour. Next offer 2-3 oz of apple or pear juice.

Then you can advance fluids as he desires. When he says he is hungry, let him eat anything he wishes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shinas Hussain's  Response

P-500 is nothing but paracetamol and it is one of the safest drug for kids. You can continue paracetamol and it will not harm your baby.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.