Is Lasix stronger than Bumex?

My dad's nursing home is not able to get Bumex anymore & they are changing him to Lasix. He has kidney failure & is on dialysis. I realize both are diuretics. Is Lasix stronger than Bumex? I am concerned that because of dialysis, he is already kept on the verge of dehydration. Should I be concerned?
Wed, 12 Mar 2014
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe he is on dialysis, it is for balance of the metabolism,it will make the blood pure so that the life is maintained comfortably,but it is done periodically.
In between he should be maintained,for osmotic regulation, that is the accumulation of the water in the body, and formation of the edema.
To bring down the edema diuretics are used, to make him comfortable, physically.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.