Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

151 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is High BP age specific or anyone could develop Hypertension ?

Is High Blood pressure age specific or anyone could develop Hypertension at any age ? I m 30 and just curious. Since past 2 weeks my BP shows 140/100.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
At age 30 you have hypertension with a blood pressure of that magnitude you should seek out a doctor and be investigated for the reasons it is so high Overweight and high cholesterol levels amy well be the problem. For someone in the normal weight range and age 30 your BP should be about 120/70. Medication a change in diet and exercise will prolong your life a little longer, ignore the early signs at your own peril. I suggest you contact a doctor immediately to get you started on reducing that BP
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....