Is Heart Burn related with Heart Attack ?

Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
NO, its caused by acid in your gut, nothing to do with your heart.

How do u distinguish between a heart attack and a heart burn ?

If you have heartburns, does it increase your chances of getting a heart attack ?

Since i ve been having heart burn a lot does that mean i ll have a heart attack? Hi, i ve been having lots of heart burns. I am not taking medication, and i didn t see a doctor . Can i get heart attacks? I get heart burns almost everyday. And i am young.

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

5'6" 175lbs in great shape. I run and walk and weight train. my heart started to "stutter" about 4 or 5 days ago and is increasing in occurence. sometimes multiple stutters. 47 years old. no history of heart disease. low cholesterol levels. low blood pressure.

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

l am a 51yrs old sudanese schoolteacher 5 ft six inches of height 55kgs weight diagnoesd in Kuwait chest hospital in 1989 as a vsd sevesre pulmonary hypertension and not indicated for surgery i got married in 1998 with three duaghters 12_10_8 .l know my case very well and l ve heart disease history a younger brother had died of heart failure and four youger brothers died in their baby hood they were likely have the same disease .my parents are close relatives and they still alive with reasnable health according to thier age.l was hospitalised in1986and 2006 for haemoptasis. I have been suffering recently from feet swelling and neck and shoulders stiffness specially when l carry any something over ten kilos of weight accompanied with a high fever and l feel the area very hot a two days ago echo showed that the case is normal a chest xray showed in the day that heart is not enlarged but not in good health other lab results 2days ago esr 8 mm/h.hb119.5percent uricacid 6.0 my question is what are the exepected symptoms and comlications in this case and how to deal with them.email: YYYY@YYYY cell 0000

Hi Hoctor, My mother went to perform angiogram 2 years before. Doctors results shows of Ischaemic heart disease, Mild hypertensive heart n normal LV function. She under meditation for cholosterol n diabates. She having problem with occacasional cough n cold for d past 70 days... so what was d reason n what we should do?

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine