Is Epilim advisable for pelvic pain?

I suffer from chronic pain in the pekvis I have a neurstimulator implanted and take 10 mg methadone a day to control pain. My Dr has suggested I try Eppilim. I am a bit reluctantant as I have tried Lyrica and pregablin and couldnt cope with the side effects. I ve also read Epilim can cause sedation and I just don t want to get tired
Wed, 20 Nov 2019
Diabetologist 's  Response
I would suggest that you try Epilim (sodium valproate) if your pain is still persistent and not able to cope with current medications. Epilim works in a different way than Lyrica/ pregabalin.
I would suggest you to discuss pros and cons of using Epilim with your care provider and initiate the treatment. You might need to have baseline and follow up liver function tests if you are starting on Epilim.
Hope I am able to help you. Thanks.