• question-icon

Is Diprospan contraindicated with opioid addiction?

hey folks, im currently in venezuela, i had a gouthe (dont know the exact way to spell it) attack last monday due to high uric acid concentrations. this is a hereditary condition plus i have not been watching my diet avoiding red meat and beer, wine, etc lately so that explains the toe episode. considering the lack of many medicines down here i had to go for a diprospan shot, i am concerned about my opioids addiction and if that could become a problem mixed with diprospan. i had 2 20 mg ofoxycontin this morning and a cold syrup with promethazine, its content is about 250 mg of codeine. i am having a shallow breathing now. should i run to the er? thank you forthis service by the way guys, keep it up
Wed, 18 Feb 2015
Hello

I have studied your case,

Yes you should go to ER to avoid severe attack of gout.

For gout you may need medicine like zyloric, allopurinol and newer febuxostat you can start then according to blood uric acid level consulting his treating doctor.

Food to be avoided in diet includes –meat and poultry.
The most abundant source of purines are the full range of meats: beef, pork, poultry, fish and other seafood. Organ meats are especially high in purines and should be avoided completely on a gout diet. When reducing meat, get protein from other sources including low-fat dairy, eggs and plant-based sources such as beans, legumes, soybeans and whole grains.
Alcohol
Alcohol reduces the ability of your body to excrete uric acid via the kidneys and urine. If your gout is severe or you are having an attack, avoid alcohol completely. Increase your daily intake of water. As the water is turned into urine, it carries uric acid out of your body. Institute of Medicine recommends that adult men drink 3 litres of water daily; women should drink 2 litres.
Processed Carbohydrates
Processed carbohydrates and sugars take the place of healthy carbohydrates, such as fruits and vegetables, in your diet. Although no direct link has been established between sugar intake and gout severity, high sugar intake can contribute to obesity, a risk factor for gout. The fibre in fruits, vegetables and whole grains may also help carry excess uric acid out of your body.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.